Celebrating 21 years of
Service to the Asperger Community
Book Launch with Prof Tony Attwood
Wednesday 15 July 2015
9.30 am to 1.30 pm
Early Bird booking extended to Friday 3 July 2015
Limited seating available
NEW "Essential Manual for Asperger Syndrome (ASD) in the Classroom"
Author Kathy Hoopmann
Asperger Services Australia is delighted to be able to offer
this workshop to you. Almost everyone with a family member
on the Autism Spectrum has a copy of Kathy Hoopmann's book
"All Cats have Asperger'sSyndrome"
in their home library.
Kathy is visiting Australia in July and we hope that you will be able to come along
to her book launch and workshop. Teachers, parents, friends, service providers are all welcome.
Click here for booking and more information
Due to the enormous increase in demand for services to assist people with Autistic Spectrum Conditions (ASCs), Asperger Services Australia Ltd (ASA) opened the Asperger Centre on the north side of Brisbane in June 2012. Research among our members and callers has shown the need for a centre that provides members of the Asperger community with a safe and Asperger-friendly environment to connect with others and receive a wide range of professional support and education services.
Asperger Centre is at Unit 1, 16 Yarraman Place, Virginia
This centre provides people with Asperger's Syndrome the opportunity to reach their individual potential to benefit society by full and effective acceptance, participation and inclusion in the community.
Asperger Services aims to
- Give mutual support to people with Asperger's Syndrome and their carers
- Provide relevant up to date information on Asperger's Syndrome
- Encourage research into Asperger's Syndrome
- Promote awareness and engage in community education
- Campaign for improved educational services and equal opportunity
What does Asperger Services Australia provide?
- Confidential support
- Information and referral services
- FREE Information to parents, education staff, professionals, service providers and governmental bodies
- Professional Development conferences, seminars and workshops for parents, education staff and professionals
- Monthly meetings at various locations
- Support Groups for parents
- Support group for adults with AS
- Support Group for teenage girls and women with AS
- Support Group for Fathers
- A monthly newsletter (financial members only)
- Family activities
- Carers respite weekends
- A large lending resource library View Catalogue (only financial members have access to the library)
- Book and DVD Sales
- Links with other organisations
Asperger Services Australia - PO Box 159 VIRGINIA QLD 4034 Australia - Tel:+61 7 3865 2911 - ASA Head Office Email